Thursday, May 23, 2013

BBQ classes

As we come into the "bbq season" (I say that referring to the novice barbecuer), I realize that we need to hold more barbeque classes here at Colorado BBQ Outfitters. My intent with this week's blog is to type out my class goal and follow through with it!

Many customers have come in asking when we are going to hold more detailed or specific classes such as how to smoke briskets, ribs, chickens, and so on.

I am excited to put a class for these topics together but at the same time very nervous! Our classes are so much fun but I always get stressed out wondering how the class will go or if my samples taste good. I don't know why I do as each class the feedback has been very positive for both the class and the food. :)

My initial thought is to add a BRP (brisket, rib and pork or "burp") class as those are the most commonly barbecued meat. From there I can branch out to chicken, fish, turkey, and maybe; dare I say,  healthy choice class for veggies, etc.

I have already put together a holiday (turkey, roast, ham) class as well as a jerky class. Can't wait to get those up and running.

For those of you that have been waiting for more classes, I promise not to disappoint soon. It is my number one priority. They will not last as long as the 2 - 2 1/2 hour BBQ 101 class and will be more detailed and offer open discussion about how to smoke or bbq the various types of foods.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention our National BBQ Month in May and Father's Day promotions that we have going on at the store...

Watch for our Market Treasury coupon coming out in the next week to a mailbox near you. We are also running a Living Social ad for our class starting the 25th of May so keep an eye out for that as well. Our in-store promotions include sales on sauces including a free Air Force Academy sauce if you buy $15 worth of regular priced sauce. Our bbq bucks are going strong. You get a $10 bbq buck for every $50 you spend. The bbq buck can be used on any $30 purchase which gives you 30% off!!!

Come on down and visit us.

Dan MacDonald
Colorado BBQ Outfitters
6850 N. Academy Blvd
719-465-1041
www.719bbq.com


No comments:

Post a Comment