Friday, May 23, 2014

Family and barbecue

Today marks what would have been my father's 72nd birthday. Unfortunately he passed away back in 2002. Not a day goes by that I do not miss him.

Although I can't say my dad was a huge barbecuer, he would once in a blue moon grill up some burgers or steaks. I think he was most known for his camping meals. He usually did the cooking when we went camping.

The purpose of this blog today is to stress our mortality and the importance of appreciating family and friends during our stay. Nothing makes a person realize how much you appreciate family and loved ones than losing them. 

I once saw a saying on the internet that said "you never invite friends over to microwave". I loved it. It's true. Who says "come on over and I will cook you a microwaved dinner". Some do; however, say "come on over and let's barbeque today". 

Grilling/barbecuing has been a family oriented institution since the 1950s when that first Weber grill was created. Families started migrating to the suburbs and grilled/barbecued in their backyards. 

As we approach this Memorial Day weekend, I would encourage everyone to in the very least reach out to family and tell them you love them. Some day, you or they will not be around any longer. Better yet, get that grill you may not have used lately fired up and cook some food on it and share it with loved ones. 

Nothing like grilling some burgers, hot dogs, etc with all the fixins and enjoying the weather as summer approaches! 

Have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day weekend everyone! 

Dan
Colorado BBQ Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment